X1 Mobile Search, an application that allows users to view a document or e-mail when they are away from computer, is now available for free. The application, which was priced at $ 19.99, allows users to perform “As You Type” searches on desktop computers in a network with Windows or Mac OS X from an IOS device.
Typical applications of remote access lets you take your desktop computer, but in order to find something there, you need to know where it is residing. Even then, you are required to drill through the file structure on your desktop to get what you want. X1 Mobile Search is like having a remote version of Windows or Spotlight search on the phone. As you type in your search terms, with each keystroke the application updates the search results on your phone or tablet.
Features of the new search update Mobil X1 include:
- Search data in email, attachments, documents and files in programs like Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Notes, Lotus Domino, Mozilla Thunderbird, zip files, Microsoft Office documents and PDF files.
- Fast-as-you-type searches, including searching through e-mail based on the from or subject lines.
- See the documents in their original format, edit and print applications that are compatible and share files and documents on your mobile device, as well as reply, forward and share emails.
- Enterprise-level security – X.509 PKI based two factor authentication and fed RSA SSL/TLS – support and advanced networks, including Verizon/CDMA and AT & T/GSM.
- AirPrint support and video mirroring, which allows the projector presentations from an iPad 2 and the ability to share documents and presentations on HDTVs and projectors.
“With this launch, we are enabling users to find and manipulate files, regardless of where they reside on the desktop, or desktop solution that they are using,” he continued. “Whether you use our customer X1 Professional, Windows or Mac Search Spotlight, X1 Mobile Search now to work for them.”