Have you ever made a misconfiguration on your Google Chrome web browser and you do not know how to restore that settings? Indeed, by reinstalling Chrome will restore its settings, but before doing that you should try doing this, restore Google Chrome default settings without reinstalling it. This how to is for Windows user.
In internet there are two method to restoring your Google Chrome setting. The first method may used in old version of Chrome, the second method generally used in new version of Chrome.
First method to restoring Google Chrome setting in old version
- Open your Chrome browser.
- Click the tools button and select Options.
- In Google Chrome Options window, go to Under the Hood tab.
- Find the Reset to defaults button, and click it.
- Then confirm your change.
With this your old Chrome browser will back to default setting
Second method to restoring Google Chrome setting in new version
- Make sure you close Google Chrome window.
- Open Chrome folder in Documents and Settings. It’s located in
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome
Alternatively you can copy and paste this text below in Windows Run (Win+R)
%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome
- In User Data folder, delete all files in it.
- In Application folder, find First Run file then delete it.
Note: By doing this you will loose all your program setting, bookmarks, history, etc.