For anyone that want to try they Android app before installing it to their Android device, there is solution that Redmond Pie mention to us. One of XDA-Developers forum member xda2_haseeb, has extract and run Android on Windows emulator that comes as part of the Google Android SDK package. For those of you who want to take a walk to Android OS look and feel in general can use this independent Android emulator is patched to run on a Windows PC as a standalone application, without having to download and install the SDK Full Android.
Installation instructions for standalone Android Emulator on Windows
- Download Android Emulator v1.5 for Windows.
- Extract the contents of the .rar file.
- Now rename the extracted folder to “Android-Emulator”.
- Download the patched executable files from here.
- Copy/Paste these patched files into the newly named “Android-Emulator” folder.
You can now test and run the Android mobile OS complete emulation on your computer without having to download and install the SDK. You can even install applications from Android supports it. [via]
The steps above are quite complicated and confusing. So instead of following that steps, AddictiveTips have the direct link to download Android emulator, just extract the zip file and run the executable file. That’s it. [via]