BBM stands for Blackberry Messenger, which is a secure and instant text messaging based service available on all Blackberry devices made by Research in Motion. A PIN is a unique series of numbers and letters that BBM assigns to your Blackberry handset. It is used to identify you on the BBM service and you’ll need your BBM PIN in order to chat with other Blackberry users.
- Select the BBM icon on your applications tray. If it is not visible on your home screen press the “Blackberry” button next to the green phone button and navigate to the BBM icon. The icon is a chat bubble with the Blackberry dot logo in it. If you don’t currently have BBM installed on your Blackberry, skip to Step 4 to find your PIN.
- Press the “Blackberry” button again to bring up the options menu for BBM.
- Scroll down in the BBM options menu and choose “View my Profile.” Locate the “PIN” line to see your BBM pin, which is a series of letters and numbers.
- Click the “Blackberry” button and select “Open tray” or “View applications.” Choose the “Options” icon, generally an image of a tool or wrench.
- Scroll down and choose “Device.” On some devices this option will be labeled as “Status” or “Device Status.” Locate the PIN line, which shows your Blackberry’s PIN ID.